Tuesday 25 August 2009

We just returned from our third and final trip to Bear Lake this summer. We have made some good memories this summer spending time at the Lake with both families and lots of friends. One of the highlights of this trip was when I thought someone was breaking into the condo. When I stood up to go check it out, my sister-in-law grabbed my arms and I screamed like I never have before waking almost everyone up. Needless to say, my brother was out of bed and across the room in seconds while Judd just stayed in bed. In defense of myself it was pitch black and I couldn't see Lisa but she could see me because I had a white shirt on. The kids once again had a blast playing on the beach and riding in the boat. The tube rides didn't go over so well with the kids this time. Maybe next year.

Bronco & Isaac
Hadlie & Olivia - I guess posing is natural for girls.

The kids started school today and I am so excited to hear how it went. I am starting to wonder if something is wrong with me. I didn't feel emotional at all. Hadlie is so ready and couldn't wait to get to school. I think Bronco was a little nervous because he said he had a stomach ache and wouldn't eat much this morning. When we got to school and he saw Ethan, he seemed fine. So we will see how it goes.

Bronco & Hadlie


Bronco wasn't into taking pictures so it is just the girls.

Hadlie & Abby
We're so excited Abby is in the same class. They were in the same dance class together last year and now they will be in school and ballet together.


Bronco & Ethan

Last but definitley not least is little Mav. He is growing up so fast. When I took him for his one year appointment they asked me about his eating habits because he just keeps getting taller but isn't gaining weight as fast. This is something new for us considering both Hadlie and Bronco were cute little chunky babies. He loves to brush his teeth. I hope this lasts for a long time. The other morning when he had just finished his bath Hadlie started yelling mom come quick and look at Maverick. He had climbed up and got the toothbrush and toothpaste all by himself. He has started to walk--finally. The kids wanted to put shoes on him last night and he loved them. After I took them off I found him trying to put everyone's shoes on-so cute.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you have had a fun summer!! I wasn't too emotional either when my kids went off to school. They were so excited too and I think that helps!! Hope they have a great first day!

Natalie said...

Love seeing you and your blog. You are beautiful as always!
I miss your parents. I want to be as good of a homemaker as your mother. I also hope to have a garden like hers someday. Why do our mothers have to set such high standards? :) Maybe by the time I'm a grandma, I'll at least have the pie thing down.
Love ya- natalie